Continued from here
Nothing terribly exciting here. More filling and sanding than you can shake a stick at.
Something noteworthy, though. This is obvious, but it’s still worth saying: The better the original paper model, the less work is needed to make the fibreglass model look good. I’ve had to do so much sanding and filling that the original details have partially disappeared, and now I’ve had to rebuild them using the filler materials.
As mentioned before, this is the tester helmet. I’ve got the actual helmet that has much more details still in the works. I’m thinking that I’ll build a support cradle around the outside of the paper helmet before I start applying the first layers of resin, to make sure that the helmet is symmetrical to begin with, and to make sure there’s no warping.
Also, I’ve added a bit more detail in the brow area of the helmet that wasn’t there at all in the paper model.